Family Law Attorney in Deland, Florida
Experienced Representation throughout Central Florida
At the office of Donald B. Dempsey, Jr., Attorney at Law, in Deland, I bring over 30 years of experience to men and women who need legal counsel to resolve family law matters, including divorce. Though I have extensive trial experience, I will also help you resolve disputes through negotiation or mediation. I will work directly with you throughout the divorce process. For a private meeting to discuss your case, contact my office or call me at 386-738-1159.
My Divorce Practice
I work with men and women throughout the divorce process, from the initial filing through mediation or trial to post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of an existing court order. I handle a wide range of issues related to or arising out of divorce, including:
- Parenting plans, including child custody and visitation. I can help you establish and implement temporary or permanent custody and visitation arrangements, making certain the statutory factors are properly taken into consideration. I will advocate on your behalf to create a parenting plan that is in the best interests of your child while protecting and maintaining your rights as a parent.
- Child support. I will review any proposed child support order for compliance with Florida guidelines. I will handle hearings to establish temporary as well as permanent child support. I will also help you make certain that all relevant sources of income, including self-employment, seasonal and commission-based income, are factored into the calculation.
- Alimony or spousal support. I will help you determine whether a grant of alimony or spousal support is warranted and, if so, how much should be paid and how often.
- Property division. I will work with you to equitably divide the debts and assets of your marriage, including investments and bank accounts, real estate, retirement assets and business property.
- Modification and enforcement of child custody, visitation and child support orders. When circumstances change or one party fails to comply with the terms of a divorce decree, I will represent either party in proceedings to modify or enforce a court order. I have extensive experience representing men and women in cases involving relocation of a custodial or non-custodial parent.
- Paternity actions. I will represent either party in proceedings to determine whether a man is the father of a minor child, handling all issues related to child support and visitation rights.
Other Family Law Matters
I also handle other family law issues, such as:
- Dependency concerns. I can protect your interests if there are concerns about the competency of a parent, including actions by the state seeking termination of parental rights.
- FINS/CINS problems. If you face a FINS (Family in Need of Services) or CINS (Child in Need of Services) request, I will work closely with you to make certain your rights are not violated.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. If you are considering getting married and are bringing substantial assets into the marriage or have children from a previous marriage, I can help you prepare and implement an agreement protecting your assets in the event of divorce or separation.
To schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced Florida divorce lawyer, contact me or call me at 386-738-1159. I meet with clients during traditional office hours, and evenings and weekends by appointment. I accept Visa and MasterCard.